Cookie usage policy

The website of the University Carlos III of Madrid use its own cookies and third-party cookies to improve our services by analyzing their browsing habits. By continuing navigation, we understand that it accepts our cookie policy. "Usage rules"

Level required for studies in English

If you are studying in a English group, you must prove a B2 level in the first year. 

For this, you can make a level test or deliver an accepted certification.


Level test

The level test will made several times along the academic year. To do the test, you must reserve and pay the tax.

By the way, the obtained level will be served to opt the mobility places.


Presentation of certificates

The level required to study in English groups will be proved if you have one of theese followings certifications:

  • Sixth year passed in Language Oficial School
  • First Certificate or higher
  • Minimal puntuation of 5,5 in IELTS Academic
  • TOEFL: 72 points in 'Internet-based'
  • TRINITY: ISE II or higher
  • High School Diploma completed in an English-speaking educational system
  • Other official English language certificates

You can send your certificate by this form:


Passing 36 ECTS in english

If you pass, in your first year, 36 ECTS in english, you will continue, in the next year, in the group taught in english.


More information:

If you pass the first year and you don't prove your level by the test or certificate, you can continue studying in English group if you passed 36 ECTS in English. If you don't get the 36 ECTS, you must enroll in Spanish group the next year, if it exists in your bachelor degree.

The level obtained in the test and the certificates will be listed in your language passport.