Cookie usage policy

The website of the University Carlos III of Madrid use its own cookies and third-party cookies to improve our services by analyzing their browsing habits. By continuing navigation, we understand that it accepts our cookie policy. "Usage rules"

Study in English

Bachelor’s Degrees in English at the UC3M

UC3M, aware of the importance of knowledge of other languages ​​for university graduates, was a pioneer in offering groups in English in the most requested degrees. With a constant increase in demand, today we offer you the possibility of taking the majority of our undergraduate studies in English or bilingual.

The possibility of studying in English is an important incentive for your future. it can be a differentiating feature when looking for work in Spain and will also allow you to develop your professional future abroad.

In groups in English, all work (classes, drills, exercises, tests, etc.) are conducted in English.

There are two types of studies in English:


Grades entirely in English

These degrees are offered entirely in English. At the end, if you have passed 100% of the subjects taken at UC3M in English, you will receive the mention, in the Supplement to the Title, for having completed your studies in English.


Bilingual degrees

In these degrees, at least half of the subjects in the program are offered in English. At the end, if you have passed 50% of the subjects taken at UC3M in English, you will receive the mention, in the Supplement to the Title, of having completed your studies in a bilingual way. In some degrees you can choose, at the time of enrollment, if you are going to study in Spanish or English. Others are offered only in English or bilingual.


Here you can check our bachelor degree offerings and the language in which they are taught


How to study in English

To study in English, the first step is to apply for admission to the degree that interests you. In the application you needn’t indicate the language in which you will study. Then, once you admitted, you should make enrollment in first year courses. It’s then when you can choose the groups taught in English.

In addition, throughout the first year you must prove that you own a B2 level of English. For this you have two options:

  • Submit one of the official certificates accepted.
  • Pass a test.

If you haven’t established your level after the first year and you haven’t surpassed more than 36 credits in English, the following year you must register the group in Spanish.

More information Information about languages in Degrees

To consider

It’s important that you enroll on the day and time that we have assigned you based on your note. The sooner you enroll more chances of choosing the groups.

If you’re an foreign student, and come from a country whose official language isn’t Spanish, you’ll have the guaranteed place in groups in English during the first two years.