Cookie usage policy

The website of the University Carlos III of Madrid use its own cookies and third-party cookies to improve our services by analyzing their browsing habits. By continuing navigation, we understand that it accepts our cookie policy. "Usage rules"

How to pass 'Skills: English' subject

To pass the course without teaching 'Skills: English', you need do an exam or provide one of the accepted oficial certificate. You enroll this course in the first-year and it's acceptable in all years that you are in that degree. This course hasn't calls limit.


Subject test

The test consist of 60 questions about reading and listening comprehension. The length of the exam is 60 minutes and it's done by computer in each campus computer lab. Every month there is a call for a exam and you have to request a date previously. You can do the exam twice each academic year.

  • Framework and contents of the test and recommended bibliography
  • Tests calendar and date request
  • Check your english level before the exam

By the way, 'Skills: English' can be passed in the level test to study in an English group or mobility. If you are in one of this cases, we recommend you that you do this test.


Certification by oficial certificate

'Skills: English' course will be qualified like 'Pass' if you have one of the following oficial certificates:

  • Fifth year passed in Language Oficial School
  • Minimum mark of 5,5 in IELTS
  • TOEFL: 72 points in "Internet-based"
  • TRINITY: ISE II or higher

It will be qualified like 'Pass' in the following cases too:

  • A passed course in English in a mobility program in an english language country.
  • High school passed in UK or USA.

Other certificate will not be accepted.


To request it, you can send your certificate by this form:

  • Certificate form

The information will appear in your language passport and your mark will appear in your academic record. You can send your certificate at any time but the sent certificates after June, 30 will not appear in your academic record until the next academic year.



If you have passed other equivalent course in other degree or university, you can request the recognition too. In this case, the procedure will be established for each campus, You can check the information in Aula global.