Cookie usage policy

The website of the University Carlos III of Madrid use its own cookies and third-party cookies to improve our services by analyzing their browsing habits. By continuing navigation, we understand that it accepts our cookie policy. "Usage rules"

How to pass 'Skills: English'

To pass the course without teaching 'Skills: English', you need to do an exam or provide one of the accepted oficial certificate. You enroll this course in the first-year and it's acceptable in all years that you are in that bachelor's degree. This course doesn't have call limit.

Course test

It is an exam with 60 multiple-choice questions on listening comprehension, reading comprehension and use of the language. It lasts 60 minutes and is taken in person. For exceptional cases we do online exams (consult with the Language Center). To take the face-to-face test you will need a laptop, a headset or headphones and the Google Chrome browser installed.

The exams are held every month (see calendar). In order to attend you must make an appointment by sending an email to The first available appointment will be assigned in the order in which the emails are received.

You may attend a maximum of two times per course, with the second appointment being in June.

By the way, 'Skills: English' can be passed in the level test to study in an English group or mobility. If you are in one of this cases, we recommend you that you do this test.

Certification by oficial certificate

'Skills: English' course will be qualified like 'Pass' if you have one of the following oficial certificates:

  • Fifth year passed in Language Oficial School
  • Minimum mark of 5,5 in IELTS Academic
  • TOEFL: 72 points in "Internet-based"
  • TRINITY: ISE II or higher
  • Other official English language certificates

It will be qualified like 'Pass' in the following cases too:

  • A passed course in English in a mobility program in an english language country.
  • High school passed in UK or USA.

Other certificate will not be accepted.


To apply for it, you can send your certificate by this form:

  • Certificate form

The information will appear in your language passport and your mark will appear in your academic record. You can send your certificate at any time but the sent certificates after June, 30 will not appear in your academic record until the next academic year.


If you have passed other equivalent course in other degree or university, you can request the recognition too. In this case, the procedure will be established for each campus, You can check the information in Aula global.

When you can do the test?

  • Throughout any of the four years of your studies until you pass it.
  • You can take the exam twice per course: 
    • From September to May, in ordinary call.
    • In June, in extraordinary call.
  • Regardless of when it appears in your curriculum.
  • You can choose the date because tests will be called several times throughout the course. You will have to ask a previous appointment.