Cookie usage policy

The website of the University Carlos III of Madrid use its own cookies and third-party cookies to improve our services by analyzing their browsing habits. By continuing navigation, we understand that it accepts our cookie policy. "Usage rules"

Validate your first-year enrollment

Once you have fulfilled the payment of your tuition fees, you are required to submit the following documents to the Doctoral School Office on campus, either in person or via ordinary mail. (the first two were already attached as digital files to your application for admission). Certified copies are required in some cases. If you cannot have your copies certified in advance, provide these along with the originals and our administration staff will do it for free.


  • Certified copy of your previous degree certificate (Master’s or equivalent), or issuance receipt. Not required for former uc3m students.
  • Certified copy of the academic transcript, including grades, of your previous degree (Master’s or equivalent). Not required for former uc3m students.
  • Certified copy of the certificate issued by your former university or institution stating that your previous degree grants access to PhD-level studies. Not required for students from Spanish universities.

Degrees and other documents from foreign institutions must be provided in either English or Spanish (attach an official translation if necessary). 

Degrees and academic transcripts from institutions located outside the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) must also be legalized via diplomatic channels or the Apostille of The Hague Convention (when applicable). Please bear in mind that this procedure must be done at the country of origin; therefore, it is strongly recommended to do it well in advanceFind which legalization procedure applies to your country:  Legalization of Foreign Degrees

  • Certified copy of documents stating your exemption from tuition fees, when applicable. For instance, scholarship or financial aid awarding, Large Family status, disability, victims of terrorism (including their spouses or children), or orphans of civil and military servants who perished in the line of duty. These documents must be valid for the entire academic year for which the exemption is requested.
  • Ph.D. Written Agreement*, a document approved by all parties involved in the development of your thesis project (tutor, advisor, Academic Committee, and yourself) stating the fundamental rights and responsibilities within the framework of your project as well as any specific terms (such as confidentiality or copyright clauses, use of research results, conflict-resolution procedures, etc.), that may be relevant for the correct execution of your research. Subsequent annexes may be attached to the original document throughout your doctoral training period if necessary.

*Template for this document will be provided once your enrollment process has been completed. Otherwise, you may request it at the Doctoral School Office on campus.


Submission deadline: November 30 (first semester) and April 15 (second semester)