Cookie usage policy

The website of the University Carlos III of Madrid use its own cookies and third-party cookies to improve our services by analyzing their browsing habits. By continuing navigation, we understand that it accepts our cookie policy. "Usage rules"

Exchange Students Admission

chico estudiante

Once you have been nominated by your home university as an exchange student and accepted at Carlos III, you will receive an e-mail from the International Office with further information on how to proceed before your arrival. Please bear in mind that that email will not be sent immediately.

If you are a second semester student, we will contact you in November.

Please note that it is not required to complete an online application form.

  • Acceptance Letter

    You will receive an Acceptance Letter by the following dates:

    • Fall semester/Full year students: Before 1st June 2021
    • Spring semester students: Before 1st December 2021

    Immigration and Visa

    If you are a NON EUROPEAN citizen, you will have to use this acceptance letter to apply for your student visa as proof that you will be attending UC3M (for more information about this procedure check Immigration Procedures).

  • Admission documents
    • Erasmus+

      Please send us a copy of the following documents:

      • Passport
      • Learning agreement, 'Before the mobility' section (only if required by your home university). The International Office will check it and sign it, and will send it back by e-mail. The Learning Agreement should be fully completed (course title, code and ECTS credits) in order to be signed.
      • Declaration of Responsibility for owning a European Health Insurance Card (or any private health insurance with international coverage). With your Health Insurance Card you'll have medical coverage in all public medical centers and hospitals. Please note that repatriation is not covered (PDF or JPG)


      • Before 10thJuly 2021: Fall Semester or Full Year students.
      • Before 11th December 2021: Spring Semester students.

    • Non European Universities

      Currently, there are no agreements in this area.

    • Submission

      If you are going to follow any of these Master programs, please send your documents by email to

      • Master in Finance
      • Master in Management
      • Msster in Marketing
      • Master in Industrial Economics and Markets
      • Master in European Union Law
      • Master in Advanced Human Right Studies
      • Master in Hispanic Cultural Heritage
      • Master in Advertising Communication
      • Master in Transmedia Documentary and Reportage


      If you are going to follow an Engineering Master, please send your documents to

  • International Health Insurance Policy

    We highly recommend that you buy an International Health Insurance policy that covers at least repatriation, medical expenses and sanitary transfer of the Policyholder due to sickness or accident.

    - UC3M has an agreement with a private company, OnCampus, which offers coverage for our international students. Only one payment at a very economic price.

    OnCampus Estudia Coverage summary

    - If you already have an international insurance policy and you are interested in a Health Insurance Policy, without health questionnaire, without waiting periods and without copayment and access to 39,400 physicians and more than 1,700 hospitals and medical centers throughout Spain, you could buy OnCampus HealthCare Policiy:

    OnCampus HealthCare Guide

    OnCampus HealthCare Summary

    If you are interested, please contact the company directly through their website:


    Website and Registration (in Spanish)

  • Disability Service

    Universidad Carlos III de Madrid provides its students with a Disability Service.

    If you need support or any kind of accommodation during your stay at our university, please apply for it on the following website before arriving at UC3M.


    Please complete the online form in advance so that we can provide you with the support you may need.