Graduate School of Law
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid has launched an Official Master’s in Civil Liability with the objective of providing adequate coverage, from a practical and research perspective, of a legal area of extraordinary importance.
From the interdisciplinary perspective provided by civil, commercial, labor and private international law, and, globally, the rest of the legal areas, the Master’s possesses a double profile: professional, which entails pursuing internships in companies, and academic or research-oriented, which leads to direct access to the doctoral program.
The Master’s program addresses topics such as the fundamentals of civil responsibility, civil responsibility and business activity insurance, civil responsibility for damages in labor relations, civil responsibility in international private relations, and patrimonial liability of the public administration, among others.
│MASTER IN NUMBERS
- ☛ 1 academic year
- ☛ Maximum 40 students per class
- ☛ UC3M ranks #20 in the ranking of European Universities
- ☛ 100% faculty composed by Doctors and specialists in the field
- ☛ Program with 50% of optativity
El Máster en Responsabilidad Civil contiene en su programa la realización de 9 créditos ECTS en despachos e instituciones de reconocido prestigio. Con ello, se completa la formación de calidad que se pretende, permitiendo al alumno desarrollar las competencias profesionales en esta materia.
Course 1 - Semester 1
Basis of Civil Liability in Private Law Subjects ECTS TYPE Language Principles of non-contractual Liability 6 C La Responsabilidad Civil en el Derecho Mercantil Subjects ECTS TYPE Language Liability of asset managers 3 C Liability insurance 3 C Civil Liability in the employment context Subjects ECTS TYPE Language Civil liability in the employment context 6 C Transnational Conflicts and Civil Liability Subjects ECTS TYPE Language Civil liability in the international private relations 6 C Métodos de Estudio e Investigación Subjects ECTS TYPE Language Responsabilidad extracontractual y jurisprudencia romana. Casuística de un concepto 3 E Legal Methodology applied to research 3 E
Course 1 - Semester 2
Basis of Civil Liability in Private Law Subjects ECTS TYPE Language New approaches to non-contractual Liability 6 E Intelectual Property and civil Liability 3 E La Responsabilidad Civil en el Derecho Mercantil Subjects ECTS TYPE Language Liability in transportation 3 E Liability of digital business 3 E Liability in competition, industrial property and advertising 3 E Liability of new intermediaries in the market 3 E Civil Liability in the employment context Subjects ECTS TYPE Language The system of civil liability for work-related injuries 3 E Transnational Conflicts and Civil Liability Subjects ECTS TYPE Language International civil liability in special cases 6 E International non-contractual liability arising from antitrust law infringements 3 E Public Law Subjects ECTS TYPE Language La responsabilidad patrimonial del Estado 3 E Medical criminal law 3 E Compensatory remedies in criminal procedure 3 E ADR and civil liability 3 E Métodos de Estudio e Investigación Subjects ECTS TYPE Language Non-contractual liability in its historical configuration between the medieval doctrine (Ius Commune) and the Codification 3 E Internship Subjects ECTS TYPE Language Internship 9 E Master Thesis Subjects ECTS TYPE Language Master Thesis 6 TFM
The master has 60 ECTS divided as follows:
- Compulsory: 24 ECTS
- Elective courses: 30 ECTS
- Master Thesis: 6 ECTS
El claustro de profesores viene integrado por profesores doctores y reputados especialistas en la materia.
Plazas Ofertadas: 40
Requisitos de acceso
Para poder cursar este máster será necesario ser Licenciado en Derecho, haber obtenido el grado en Derecho o estar en posesión de un título universitario en Derecho equivalente al grado, en función del país de origen del solicitante.
Criterios de admisión
La selección de los candidatos se hará teniendo en cuenta los siguientes criterios:
CRITERIOS DE ADMISIÓN % Expediente académico 70% Nivel de conocimiento de idiomas * 20% Motivación, interés y cartas de recomendación ** 10%
* Se exigirá acreditar, como mínimo, nivel B1 (según el MERC) de inglés o francés. Se valorará positivamente el conocimiento de otros idiomas.
** Se requerirá la presentación de, al menos, una carta de recomendación, que ponga de manifiesto la capacidad, responsabilidad y motivación del interesado.
You can check the language requirements of generic language required to study a master at UC3M, depending on is in Spanish, English or bilingual.
Once admitted to the Master, foreign students with university degree issued by a higher education institution belonging to an educational system outside the EEES, must present, for enrollment, the diploma attesting equivalent training that allows access to postgraduate studies, legalized by diplomatic procedures, or “The Hague Convention Apostille”. More information about Legalization of Documents.
If needed, documents must be accompanied by an official sworn translation into Spanish.
The request is made electronically through our application. Before starting the admission process it is important to consult the supporting information that we offer below:
UC3M Scholarships for the Year 2017/2018 *
For the academic year 2017-18 has been published a call for a maximum of 2 grants for payment of the net enrollment rates for students accepted into the Master, with the following provision:
- 2 grants of € 1,500
Application deadline: 31st May 2017.
Resolution: June 2017.
Grant reservation: 1 aid of € 1,500 is reserved for candidates who show an academic study / research profile in the Mäster. The candidates commit themselves (in case of obtaining the aid) to formalize in the period of enrollment, the optional subject "Methods of Research Study" of 9 ECTS that would conform the profile that interests in this place. To request the help offered with this profile you must provide the following declaration form
* The number of grants and amounts specified in the Annex to the notice, may vary depending on the conditions of the candidates who apply to them, can be even deserted as assessed by the Selection Committee for each program.
General Information about grants and scholarships
You can find more information about scholarships of UC3M and other agencies or entities.
University's Foundation (Fundación Universidad Carlos III) holds a careers service ( UC3M Guidance&Employment) which orientates, informs and helps graduates to get through the labour market.
- INFORMACIÓN PRÁCTICA
- Place Reservation: 450 € (It will be paid once the student receives notification of admission to the master, and deducted from the first tuition payment)
60 ECTS in the first academic year:
- EU students: 4.800€ (80€/ECTS credit)
- Non EU students: 7.200€ (120 euros/ECTS credit)
*Pending approval by the Community of Madrid for the course 17/18
- You can register on the Master’s degree program when you have finished the application admission process and you have received your acceptance.
- When performing the enrollment you can choose between Full-time enrollment or Part-time enrollment.
- The email address which the University provides to the student upon enrollment will be used principally for communications with said student. For this reason, it is essential that it be actualized and periodically consulted.
- Failure to make payment shall result in non-admission or termination of enrollment according to that established by the University. In case of annulment of registration because of failure to make payment, Universities can demand payment for previous enrollment in earlier academic years as a previous condition for enrollment.
Universities shall not issue a diploma or certificate when a student has payments of any kind pending.