Cookie usage policy

The website of the University Carlos III of Madrid use its own cookies and third-party cookies to improve our services by analyzing their browsing habits. By continuing navigation, we understand that it accepts our cookie policy. "Usage rules"

estudiantes internacionales sin selectividad

Required documents

  • Copy of passport or national ID card.
  • Recognition of your high school studies, issued for Spanish Ministry of Education (in spanish, "homologación"):
    • If your recognition of studies is in process, send the application receipt and the provisional registration note.
    • If you can't apply for the recognition of studies because you haven't finished high school yet, you can send the documents when you receive them.
    • More information about recognition of studies
  • Official academic transcript covering the last two years. If you haven't finished your high school yet, you must send an updated transcript. Later, you must provide your final certificate.
  • Official certification of your Spanish level (DELE) or your English level (First Certificate, minimum 87 points in TOEFL, 5,5 points in IELTS, ...). If you haven't this certifications, you can provide a responsible statement.
  • Motivation letter in which you outline the reasons why you want to study in UC3M.
  • Any other university admission requirements from your home country.
  • SAT, ACT or other standarizad test scores (optional).

If you completed your high school studies in the International Baccalaureate or European Baccalaureate system, or in a country with agreement (European Union countries, Switzerland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Andorra or China), you must keep on mind:

  • Instead of recognition of studies, you can provide the credential for university studies in Spain, given by UNED (in spanish, "credencial")
  • You must provide a document that certificates that you are living in a foreign country.


The documents must be submitted in Spanish or English.