Cookie usage policy

The website of the University Carlos III of Madrid use its own cookies and third-party cookies to improve our services by analyzing their browsing habits. By continuing navigation, we understand that it accepts our cookie policy. "Usage rules"

Requirements: Homologation

estudiantes internacionales sin selectividad

Recognition of studies (in Spanish: Homologation)

The recognition studies is the procedure by which the Spanish Ministry of Education declares that the studies taken in a foreign country are equivalent to the level of high school in Spain.

To be admitted as international student, it's necessary that your studies are approved for Spanish Ministry of Education. You have to present your recognition of studies application in the Spanish Ministry of Education registries or in the places established in the regulations (amongst them, Spanish embassies or consulates). 

Besides the application form, you must provide your high school diploma and the academic record with the passed subjects and their marks.

When you present your application in the Ministry of Education or registry, you must ask for the stamped receipt and the provisional registration note. With these documents you can do your application and get the admission in UC3M.

Months later, the Spanish Ministry of Education gives you a definitive certificate of your recognition of studies. Once you have it, you will have to deliver it to UC3M.

More information and application form

Can I apply for admission if I have not started the homologation procedure?

If you are studiying the last year of high school now, you can apply for admission without providing the application form and the provisional registration note.

If you are admitted, you must provide us the homologation documents as soos as posible.


Can I start my studies before getting the homologation?

Yes; if you have applied for the homologation, you can get your admission and start your studies.

In this case, your admission and enrollment will be conditional until your homologation is resolved positively. After the deadline, if you don't provide your homologation, your admission and enrollment will be canceled, without refund of the amounts paid. 

Examples of recognition of studies and provisional registration note