"Juan Velazquez de Velasco" University Research Institute for Security and Defence Intelligence
Type of institute
Carlos III Institute
- Director: Arturo Ribagorda
To foster interdisciplinary research and teaching on the foundations, resources and scope of intelligence services in order to be aware of and prevent any dangers or threats to national and international security in democratic countries.
Lines of research
- Scientific grounds for Security and Defense intelligence. Subject of study of Intelligence. Epistemic and methodological grounds for Intelligence. Creation and evolution of the Intelligence subject. Sociology of the Intelligence subject.
- Intelligence services. Legal framework for the activities of intelligence services. Insertion of intelligence services into the State. Organization and working systems of intelligence services. Intelligence Communities.
- Social aspect of intelligence. Risks and threats to national and international security. Intelligence networks and reserves. Intelligence Culture.
- Intelligence Information and documentation . Identification and fulfillment of information needs.Management of sources and information resources. Management of documents and archives.Integration, analysis and assessment of information. Users’ surveys. Economic and competitive intelligence. Technological surveillance.
- Intelligence management technologies. Documental information management technologies. Security and data protection technologies. Decision-making support technologies.
Contact email: email@example.com